One of the main purposes of life is to seek and achieve happiness. But life is not easy, and being happy is a remaining challenge many people suffer from on a daily basis. What is happiness and how can you achieve it?
In this post, we'll go through the journey of seeking happiness.
Are you ready? Let's go!!
What is Happiness?
Happiness is a global assessment of life and all its facets. It’s a combination of how satisfied you are with your life and how good you feel on a day-to-day basis.
People sense happiness in different manners, but it generally involves the feeling of momentary positive emotions (joy, gratitude,…) and a deeper sense of meaning and purpose in life.
Happiness is a combination of how satisfied you are with your life and how good you feel on a day-to-day basis. It involves momentary positive emotions and a deeper sense of meaning and purpose in life.
The two key components of happiness are:
- The balance of emotions
- Life satisfaction
These two aspects bring a balanced equilibrium to find happiness. If you want to live a happier life, you’ll have to consider both.
The “here and now”, and the “work for tomorrow”; the “me” and “the others”…
Where Does Happiness Start?
Happiness starts within yourself. You have all you need to bring happiness and live a happier life.
Your “self-happiness” is the early sprout of a long lasting happiness. You have the ability to control how you feel and form life-long habits for a more satisfying and fulfilling life (source).
Your happiness lies within you; your happiness is in your own hands.
Starting to live happier from your own would let you spread and influence those around you.
But it all starts within you. You have to find happiness in yourself before you can find it with someone else.
How to conquer happiness?
Happiness is a global state where we experience prosocial positive emotions like connectedness, gratitude, and compassion (source).
Once you have found happiness in yourself, you are ready to spread it through the world and expand. Complete happiness is about the private and public victory
Gratitude, empathy and social skills are some of the fundamentals of happiness. These aspects can only be achieved through the interaction with other people; through your public environment.
Social relationships, moral values, family, and labor market status contribute to true personal happiness (source).
To conquer happiness and live a happier life, you have to take care of you and those around you.
Spend time with them, make fun plans, and enjoy every moment you are with those you love. Only then you’ll conquer the true state of happiness.
TAKE AWAY MESSAGE
Happiness starts with you. Once you’ve mastered your self-happiness, you are ready to spread it to the world, and conquer the true happiness. The balance between satisfaction and sacrifices; positive and negative emotions, will be the true happiness you are seeking.
Quotes About Happiness
- I honestly think happiness is being present and finding the joy in every moment - Aimee Marino
- Happiness is having what you want and wanting what you have - Josh Bullings
- The purpose of our lives is to be happy - Dalai Lama
- Being happy is the greatest form of success - Unknown
- Be right. Be bright. Be you. - Kate Spade
- The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are - Goldie Hawn
- Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions - Dalai Lama
- Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life - Omar Khayyam
- The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go - Dodinsky
- Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things - Walt Disney
- Happiness is not out there, it’s in you.
- Be happy not because everything is good, but because you can see the good in everything - Unknown
- Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is - Mandy Hale
- You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life - Albert Camus
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things - Albert Einstein
- A good character is the only guarantee of everlasting, carefree happiness - Seneca
- Deal with your problems before they deal with your happiness - Unknown
Happiness is a global assessment of what life is, and it involves a balance between momentary positive emotions and long-lasting satisfaction.
The journey of seeking happiness starts within yourself. Once you have mastered happiness in you, you are ready to share the word and find happiness in the others.